1. Tank charge up the hill and gather at the edge. Hit Kar the Everburning to make him stop spawning the small elementals. He will also retreat and spawn 2 Unbound Pyrelords.
2. Pull the 2 Pyrelords and kill them first before engaging Kar.
3. Melee stay on Kar while range take out the Lava Spawns. They will not multiply if killed while Kar is still alive. Try to leave only one Lava Spawn before killing Kar. Once Kar is dead, stun the last Spawn before killing it.
1. This is a 2-phase encounter and Rhyo is not tankable in P1. This encounter is a bit dependent on RnG. U may get good spot active volcano spawn or it can be the max range of the previous one.
2. Obsidian Armor
Rhyo starts with 80stacks (80% dmg reduction) of the buff on him. Everytime he steps on Active Volcano, the buff is reduced by 10%. *16% after the recent patch.
3. Rhyo can't be targeted, attacked or tanked during this p1. Rhyo's movement during p1 is dependent on the DPS done to his Right and Left Leg (shared health pool), which will be reflected on his movement bar. It's important for ALL the DPS to see this bar. If Rhyo reaches the lava surrounding his platform, he will Drink Magma and cast a raid-wipe ability; dealing 35k fire dmg through Molten Spew to everyone every second for 4 seconds.
4. Concussive Stomp
Rhyo will cast this ability from time to time and the raid will be taking the most dmg from this ability. It will also spawn 2 -3 Volcanoes. This stomp can be fully resisted which is purely RnG. It used to knock back those within 20yards of Rhyo but it no longer does (the video still has the knock back element in the fight).
5. The Volcanoes
The volcanoes can be in 4 different forms;
Inactive Volcano: Used to have smokes coming out from it but it is now no longer.
Active Volcano: Has smoke and lava coming out from it and also dealing Eruption dmg.
Crater: Volcanoes that Rhyo had stepped on.
Magma Flow Crater: Will despawn once it finish casting Magma Flow.
6. Molten Armor
This is not listed in the in-game raid journal. Every time Rhyo steps on an Inactive Volcano he gains 2 stacks of this buff. The buff will drop @ 1 stack every 15sec.
Rhyo will occasionally activate an inactive volcano. An active volcano will cast this debuff on 3 random players every 2 sec. However, because there's a slight delay in each eruption, it will look like as if it's landing on a player or two, every second a volcano remain active. Having two active volcanoes up will stress the healers quite a bit.
8. Below is Concussive Stomp dmg with possible dmg modifier from Molten Armor and Eruption debuff.
0 stack 3 stacks 6 stacks 9 stacks
Molten Armor Stacks 30% 60% 90%
0 stack 32.4k - 37.6k 42.1k - 48.9k 51.8k - 60.2k 61.6k - 71.4k
5 stacks (10%) 35.6k - 41.4k 46.3k - 53.8k 57k - 66.2k 67.6k - 78.7k
10 stacks (20%) 38.8k - 45.1k 50.4k - 58.6k 62.1k - 72.2k 73.7k - 85.7k
15 stacks (30%) 42.1k - 48.9k 54.7k - 63.6k 67.4k - 78.2k 80k - 92.9k
9. Magma Flow
All exposed craters has the potential of causing Magma Flow. This is a very high dmg ability. Players hit by the streams of magma when the flow is starting will take 75k Fire Dmg. These magma stream will soon erupt dealing 150k Fire Dmg. Both dmg are modified by your Eruption debuff stack. DBM will give audio alert for this ability; "BEWARE!!".
10. The Adds
Rhyo summon two different type of adds during this encounter.
11. Summon Fragment of Rhyolith
Rhyo summons five small Rock Elementals. Those within 7yds of the spawn points will take 15k fire dmg. This fire dmg is resistable and will be modified by Molten Armor stacks on Rhyo and Eruption debuff stack on player.
If Fragment of Rhyolith are not dead within 30sec, they will Meltdown, charging random raid members and dealing Fire dmg equal to their current health. This dmg is resistable and will be modified by Eruption debuff on the player. The fragments spawn with 155k, assigning 2 dps to aoe down the fragments should be enough.
Eg of total DPS on Fragments (Yvainne = Fragments tank, Durhaka = Sparks tank)
These adds doesn't hit that hard and it's possible to assign a plate dps to tank them. However, the mitigation from a traditional tank will be high on these adds.
Eg of Fragments dmg on tank
The Spark will constantly deal aoe dmg to raid through Immolation to those within 15 yds. This damage is resistable and will be modified by Eruption debuff stack on individual player. The Spark will also keep gaining Infernal Rage every 5 sec until it's killed.
The tank assigned to handle the spark will need to tank it away from the grp. The tank alone should be enough to DPS down the add even though some DoT from any DPS wouldn't hurt. Tank can use Prismatic Elixir to increase resistance to the Fire Dmg.
Eg of Spark's dmg on tank up to 11stacks of Infernal Rage (total dmg taken ~415k)
Eg of total DPS on Sparks of Rhyolith
13. The Burn PhaseOnce Rhyo is at 25%, he will remove his shell and start dealing aoe raid dmg through Immolation. He's also tankable now. Range and healers should stay 15yds away. Bloodlust/heroism and burn through.