Kill Video 2 (better execution of strat)
1. Stack at start for aoe heal as boss will start casting Venom Rain every 3-sec until a player climbs up to the upper level. Despite its name, Venom Rain is Fire dmg and can be resisted, absorbed and missed. The Rain will stop once someone is at the upper level with Beth and will start again once everyone from the upper level jumps down to avoid Smoldering Devastation.
Eg of Venom Rain hit:
Venom Rain Total Damage:
2. Kill Spinners. They will be hanging and use range attack. Taunt to get them to the ground. Once on the ground, they will leave a web rope that players can right click to climb to the upper level. They cast Burning Acid on random players on the ground level, regardless whether they're being tanked or not. The Burning Acid deals significant amount of dmg, can be resisted, absorbed and missed. Their melee attacks however are weak. Ret pally is very effective against the Spinners. Ret Pally has 2 taunts and both on 8sec CD and Spinners hardly hurt a plate dps with their melee attack. Righteous Defense is a very effective way to bring the Spinners down. If u're lucky u'll get more than one Spinner to come down with one cast.
Eg of Spinner's Burning Acid hit:
Spinner's Burning Acid Total Damage:
Eg of Spinner's Melee Damage:
3. Climbing turn.
Climb #1: Tank --> Healer --> DPS 1 --> DPS 2.
Climb #2: Tank --> Healer --> DPS 1. DPS 2 stay to clear up adds. (optional & only if ground grp is overwhelmed by adds)
Climb #1: Tank --> Healer --> DPS 1 --> DPS 2.
4. Best tank to stay on the ground would be a Warrior. With Vigilance on the the other tank, a warrior tank will always be able to taunt the spinners.
5. The Cinderweb Drone does frontal cone AoE dmg (Boiling Spatter). The dmg is resistable & can be absorbed but i'm not sure it can miss. From our WoL, there's no miss hit from 22 hits, but 20 hits was partially resisted. The other players on the ground need to take note of the direction that the Drone is facing and avoid getting hit by these. Best is to stay in center with the tank circling it.
Eg of Drone's Boiling Spatter hit:
Drone's Boiling Spatter Total Damage:
6. The Drone's melee dmgs on a tank are low and the attack speed is ~ 2sec per swing. Looking at these figures, some might consider using a hunter with Tenacity pet (Bear, Beetle, or Turtle) to solo the Drone and using Mend Pet with Glyph of Mending + Blood of the Rhino to top up the pet (~13k tick every 2sec). The hunter's passsive skill,Avoidance + Pet talent Great Resistance will mitigate most of Boiling Spatter dmg, but the pet does take additional melee dmg compared to a traditional tank and will still require a healer's attention. Threat should not be an issue with Glyph of Misdirection. If there's a need to move the Drone, the hunter can use the move pet command. Hunter's pet can Block AND Parry but the chance is much lower compared to a traditional tank.
Eg of Drone's (zone mob) dmg on Pet (No 'Consume' Buff) within 46sec (~420k total):
Eg of Drone's (boss add) dmg on actual Tank (No 'Consume' Buff) within 47sec ~310k total):
7. The Drone also cast Burning Acid on random players on the ground.
Eg of Drone's Burning Acid hit:
8. Using a traditional tank to tank the Drone, the tank will need to kite the Drone away from the Spiderlings and taunt any new Spinners to bring them to the ground for more AoE Dmg/cleave. The Drones and Spinners are both immune to daze, silence, stun & root, can block but cannot parry and doesn't seems to have any resistance over magic dmg. Even though they can be afflicted by Mages Slow, the moving speed penalty will not take effect and i'm not sure whether or not the other 2 Slow spell elements make any different.
Eg of Drone's damage taken:
Total DPS on Drones
Eg of Spinner's damage taken:
Total DPS on Spinners
9. The Spiderlings will move towards a Drone once they spawn. They are tauntable and will deal melee dmg and they melee hit harder than the Spinners. Eventhough the Spiderlings have a threat table, they will not move towards the person holding the threat and will keep moving towards the Drone. However, if the person holding the threat on them is within their melee range, they will attack the player. They will also randomly cast Seeping Venom(resistable nature dmg) on anyone within 6yds. Even though the Spiderlings are also capable of blocking, unlike the Drones & Spinners, they can be snared, rooted and dazed. If there's a mage in the grp, make sure to use Ring of Frost on the last Spiderlings pack that spawn before P2.
Spiderlings damage for the entire fight:
Snares on Spiderling
Spiderlings Seeping Venom (not from video attempt):
Upper Level Grp
10. Beth hit a tank quite hard in P1.
Eg of Beth's melee dmg on tank in P1:
11. Beth will also cast Ember Flare during P1 to those on the upper level. Ember Flare is Fire Dmg, CANNOT be resisted but it can miss and can be absorbed.
Eg of Beth's Ember Flare dmg during P1:
Beth's Ember Flare total dmg during P1:
12. Players at the upper level need to avoid the Meteor. Meteor will leave a small burning circle on the upper level web which will later on created a hole on the web. The holes are there for ppl from the upper level to jump down when Beth starting to cast Smoldering Devastation. It's not uncommon for an inexperience grp to have ppl not moving away from the Meteor Burn and later on fall down to ground level. Falling through the holes before Smoldering Devastation cast will normally result in death as the fall will not be dampened unlike jumping down during the cast.
Eg of Meteor Burn dmg during P1:
13. The more dps u can pull on Beth during P1, the shorter your P2 will be.
14. Beth will keep gaining Frenzy stack every 4-5sec. Each stack increase her dmg by 5%. Unless your grp can burn Beth within 40sec into P2, u might wanna save Bloodlust for slightly later into P2 to help the healers with the healing (30-20%).
Frenzy stack during P2:
15. Beth will deals a raid wide dmg with Ember Flare. Everyone except the tanks should be stacking at the tail for AoE heals.
Eg of Ember Flare dmg with low frenzy:
Eg of Ember Flare dmg with high frenzy:
Total Ember Flare dmg during P2:
16. Tanks will get hit harder with higher frenzy as well. Save cooldowns for high frenzy stacks.
Eg of Beth melee dmg on tanks with low frenzy:
Eg of Beth melee dmg on tanks with high frenzy:
17. Beth will apply The Widow's Kiss debuff on tanks which will keep stacking once applied all the way to 10. Each stack reduces healing received by the tank by 10%. Healers need to take note that the tank with the debuff DOES NOT require any healing as long as long as he is not tanking and Tanks need to start rotating once the debuff is applied to the other tank. Take note that, the debuff deals 10k per pulse dmg to any raid members within 10yds apart from himself. HOWEVER, while the debuff is active, the tank WILL NOT take dmg from Ember Flare.
The Widow's Kiss during P2:
Ember Flare not hitting the Tank with The Widow's Kiss debuff during P2: